Disney World is one of the most popular vacation destinations in the world. After paying for your whole family to visit, you probably want to make sure that you are capturing every moment that you can! How can you keep your phone charged at Disney World?
Are there charging stations at Disney World? Disney has a lot of ways to keep your phone charged so you can enjoy the magic. There are outlets located throughout each park that will let you charge your phone. In the past, Guest Relations used to charge phones, but you will want to check before relying on them. There are also Fuel Rods that you can rent, which allows you to charge your phone on the go.
Disney World has made it possible to charge your phone no matter where you are. Knowing where the outlet locations are can help you plan your day, and let’s talk more about what Disney provides in terms of charging your phone.
Are There Charging Stations at Disney World?
Disney understands that you need your phone to capture all of the magic, and they have created numerous ways in which you can charge your phone while you visit the park. Some of the parks offer full-blown charging stations while others provide outlets. Some of these outlets are located in lockers, which allows you to roam around the park while you charge.
Guest Relations is known for providing some of the best customer support in the country. In the past, they have charged phones for guests while in the park with a ticket to claim their phone upon return. Due to liability concerns, they may or may not still allow this. It is worth going to ask, though.
Located throughout Disney World, individual kiosks offer Fuel Rods that offer portable charging devices. For $30 plus tax, you can rent a portable charger. You can recharge the portable battery, and you can also swap the device for a fully charged one through the same kiosks.
Where Can You Find Charging Outlets in the Parks?
Keeping your phone charged is easy in the parks if you know where to find outlets. Disney does a great job hiding their outlets into their environment, so they may be hard to find at first. Let’s talk about where to find outlets in each of the Disney World parks. You might be able to find some charging ports on Disney buses!
- Tomorrowland: Outlets are located near the Space Mountain exit. There are a lot of them in the shop as you exit. If you are looking to have a snack while charging, Tomorrowland Terrace and Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe have outlets. Cosmic Ray’s can be found in the hallway outside of the restrooms.
- Fantasyland: The tent between Dumbo and Barnstormer offers outlets. You can also find the Tangled Rest Area located between It’s a Small World and Haunted Mansion. This is considered a full charging station and offers benches and tables. P.S. You can find the outlets in the stumps!
- Liberty Square: Columbia Harbor House is a great place to escape the heat and crowds, but it also has outlets for charging your devices too! Head upstairs to find some outlets.
- Frontierland: Over in Frontierland, there are tables near outlets if you head into Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café.
- Future World: The Land is a popular destination in Future World, and it has two locations where you can charge your phone. The first is located by the elevators, and the second can be found outside of the entrance for Soarin’. You can find charging stations by the elevators in the Seas building.
- World Showcase: There are quite a few outlets located throughout the World Showcase. Norway, Morocco, and the holding area for American Adventure have outlets. The bathrooms between Germany and Italy have some outlets as well.
Hollywood Studios is going through a lot of changes right now, but there are still areas to charge your devices.
- A.B.C. Commissary: has some tables that are located near outlets, as does PizzeRizzo.
- Star Wars Launch Bay: There are also benches located near outlets around Star Wars Launch Bay.
- Inside the Shops: A lot of times while the family is shopping I will hangout near an outlet if needed.
- Dinoland: Pizzafari has outlets located inside, but it can get busy during peak times. You can also find outlets at the Finding Nemo Theater, which is located between Dinoland and Asia.
- Discovery Island: Disney Outfitters has one outlet on the right side, but there is not a seating area available. There are also outlets located under the bar at Nomad just before you head into Pandora.
- Asia: If you find the wooden light posts near Expedition Everest, there are outlets on the backside of each post.
What is a Fuel rod, and Where Can You Get One?
Fuel Rods are located throughout Disney parks. They are a portable charging system that you can rent for $30 plus tax. With a credit card, it will give you a kit that includes:
- One Fully Charged Portable Battery
- One USB to Micro-USB Cable
- One Apple 30-Pin to USB Cable
- One Apple Lighting to USB Cable
The portable battery should be enough to charge your phone fully. If the battery runs out, you can choose to recharge the device with an outlet located throughout the park.
Fuel Rods can also go home with you if you plan on using it for the duration of your trip. You can use them in many different tourist locations, as well as airports. Some airports and places offer Fuel Rods at a lower rate than Disney Parks, which is something you may want to consider.
You also are able to swap out a battery for a fully charged one if you are new a Fuel Rod kiosk. As of November 2019, Fuel Rod exchanges will cost you $3 each. The increase in cost has turned many users away from using the portable chargers.
Where Can You Find Fuel Rod Kiosk?
- Main Street, U.S.A.: Curtain Call Collectibles
- Frontierland: Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Café
- Tomorrowland: Tomorrowland Light and Power & Cosmic Ray’s
- Fantasyland: Big Top Souvenirs
- Future World: Disney Traders, Camera Center, Events Pavilion
- World Showcase: International Gateway
- Hollywood Boulevard: Celebrity 5 & 10
- Sunset Boulevard: Rock Around the Shop
- Island Mercantile
Tips to Keep Your Phone Charged While at the Parks
If you plan on bringing a bag into the park, then you can always bring your portable charger from home. If you are looking to make your battery lasts as long as possible before needing any outlets or charging devices, here are a few tips that can help you prolong the life of your battery.
- Make sure that you are closing any unnecessary apps in the background. You will most likely be using the MyDisneyExperience app during your stay, so you can leave that one.
- Turn off what you are not using. You are most likely not using your Bluetooth or your Wifi, so turn those off to save the battery. You can also cut off your notifications. Putting your phone into airplane mode, or keeping your phone off until you need it are also great tips.
- Turn down your screen brightness! You will be shocked by how quickly your phone will drain just while it is lighting up the screen. Turn off the automatic adjustments.
- Either write down your Fastpass+ and dinner reservations on a note, or you can even set them as the lock screen of your phone. This keeps you from having to get all the way into your phone to see when your next Fastpass+ begins.