Disney’s Art of Animation is a Value Resort at Walt Disney World, which makes it a great option for families and groups. The themed rooms are especially delightful for families with young children.
Here’s our ultimate guide to Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. From room rates to amenities, dining to recreation, and getting there to transportation options for the Disney parks, we’ve got you covered.
Keep reading to see whether the Art of Animation Resort at Walt Disney World is the right accommodation for your family.
Art of Animation Highlights
Art of Animation is a themed Value Resort at Walt Disney World. It opened in 2012 and has over 2,100 rooms (standard rooms and family suites) arranged in 4 floors.
The décor and overall theme at this Disney Resort hotel is designed around some of the most popular characters from Disney animation over the years. You can expect to see many favorites from Disney and Pixar films in the rooms and public areas at Art of Animation.
Here are the highlights of this Disney Resort hotel:
- Disney themed décor and amenities
- Family suites (one of the few Disney properties to offer these)
- Connected to the Disney Skyliner transportation
- Animation Hall, the resort’s main building, features the front desk, concierge desk, ATM machines, Landscape of Flavors (food court), and Ink and Paint Shop.
Disney World Art of Animation Rating
The average rating for Disney’s Art of Animation Resort is 8.8/10. Not bad, if you ask me.
More than 89% of guests recommend staying here. On TripAdvisor, for example, about 8,500 guests have reviewed this Disney Value Resort and more than half the reviewers have given Art of Animation 5 stars (the highest rating).
Another 33% of guests have given Art of Animation 4 stars (the next best rating).
There are very few guests whose experience at Art of Animation was not good (rated terrible). Going by the average rating, we’d say staying at Art of Animation is a safe bet. Great times are almost always guaranteed.
What are the rooms like at Disney World Art of Animation?
There are different room options at the Disney World Art of Animation. Here are some:
The Standard Room (Little Mermaid)
- Sleeps up to 4 adults plus a child under 3 in a crib
- Features 2 queen beds or 1 king bed
- Has views of the pool, courtyard, or parking area
- Many little touches of The Little Mermaid characters like Ariel, Flounder, and Sebastian
The Family Suite (Cars, Lion King, or Finding Nemo)
- Sleeps up to 6 adults plus a child under 3 in a crib
- Features 1 queen bed, 1 double table bed, and 1 double sleeper sofa bed
- Overlooks the pool, courtyard, or parking area
- Has two separate bathrooms
- Has a mini kitchen with coffee maker, sink, and small refrigerator
- There’s an in-room safe for valuables
- Has two flatscreen TVs and complimentary wi-fi for entertainment
Whatever room you book at the Art of Animation, you’ll get these standard amenities:
- Private bathroom with shower/tub combination
- Air conditioning (climate control)
- Ceiling fan
- Iron/iron board
- Flat screen TV with cable TV channels
- In-room wall safe
- Free wi-fi
- Free local calls
- Daily housekeeping services
- Connecting or adjoining rooms available
Amenities at Art of Animation
Some of the amenities at the 87-acre Disney’s Art of Animation Resort that will take your Disney vacation to the next level include:
- Complimentary wi-fi in rooms and public areas
- Airport shuttle (available 24 hours)
- Onsite parking with off-street options and in/out privileges
- Wheelchair accessible rooms with braille/raised signage, active listening devices, accessible bathrooms, roll-in showers
- Wheelchair accessible registration desk, public bathrooms, pool areas, fitness center, business center, on-site restaurant, lounge
- Wheelchair accessible parking and van parking
- Parking $15 per night with in/out privileges (there are 2,300 parking bays at Art of Animation)
- Babysitting / childcare, including in-room childcare
- Pets are allowed in specific rooms (restrictions apply)
- Restaurant, bar, lounge, poolside bar
- Room service (limited hours)
- Cooked-to-order breakfast
- 3 outdoor pools
- Arcade / video game room
- Dry cleaning / laundry services
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge desk for ticket / tour assistance
- 24-hour ATM near the front desk
- Art of Animation is the only Value Resort at Disney World that has a business center onsite
- Mail services (letters, postcards, and prepackaged and labeled packages can be mailed from the front desk or concierge desk)
- Currency exchange at the Front Desk or Lobby Concierge
- Merchandise delivery and pickup
- Designated smoking areas
- Languages spoken: English and Spanish
Note that some of these amenities may invite an additional charge or surcharge.
What are Art of Animation rates?
The room rates at Walt Disney World Resort hotels vary from season to season.
You can get cheaper rates if you stay mid-week. Prices are typically higher on the weekends. The holiday season (mid-December to early January), not surprisingly, is the most expensive time of year to stay at any Disney property. Other times when rates are some of the highest are Easter week.
But here’s an estimate on how much you’ll be spending if you book a room at the Disney World Art of Animation:
- The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms range from $180 to $330 per room per night.
- The Finding Nemo, Lion King, and Cars Family Suites range from $425 to $775 per suite per night.
Again, these prices fluctuate depending on the season, so you need to plan your vacation in advance.
Things To Do At Art of Animation
Here are some activities to keep you busy at the Art of Animation.
There is a range of fresh and delicious food available at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort that can please even the pickiest of eaters.
Landscape of Flavors, the food court, serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner from 7 am to 11 pm in 4 Disney-themed dining areas. There are 5 quick-service counters.
This fast/casual eatery offers traditional American cuisine with favorites like burgers, pizzas, and salads on the menu.
There are also healthy eating options at Art of Animation such as low-fat smoothies and egg-white omelets. Plus, there is a range of international foods. Pizza delivery is available from 4 pm to midnight — who doesn’t want that?
Meal prices at Art of Animation are under $15 per adult.
You can also quench your thirst with a frozen cocktail or ice-cold beer (draft or bottled) at The Drop Off Pool Bar, open from 12 noon to 11 pm. The bar also serves snacks if you want a quick nibble.3.
There are tons of recreational activities to enjoy with your family at the Disney World Art of Animation. Here are some of them:
Swimming Pools at Art of Animation Resort
There are three outdoor pools at Disney’s Art of Animation, including The Big Blue Pool. It’s the biggest pool at any Walt Disney World Resort hotel. Inspired by Finding Nemo, this gigantic pool contains more than 300,000 gallons of water and is delightfully themed with beloved characters from the film.
For the little ones, there is the Schoolyard Sprayground water play area with gushing water and pop-up jets for hours of fun in the sun.
The Cars-themed pool called Cozy Cone at Art of Animation is a superb “watering hole” and favorite place to chill in the poolside cabanas.
The over 100,000-gallon Flippin’ Fins Pool is themed around the Disney classic The Little Mermaid with whimsical pieces based on popular characters from the film.
Complimentary towels are available at all pools in the Art of Animation Resort. Pool hours and lifeguard availability may vary.
Movie Under the Stars at Art of Animation
You can watch your favorite Disney films under a starry night sky on a grassy area between the Finding Nemo and Lion King buildings at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort.
Fitness and Play Art of Animation
There is a 1.38-mile jogging trail at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. The trail curves around Hourglass Lake and goes past colorful Disney animation-inspired courtyards.
Fishing is not permitted in Hourglass Lake but you can go bass fishing in other marinas nearby.
The Righteous Reef children’s playground at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort is located in the Finding Nemo courtyard.
Older kids might want to head to the Pixel Play Arcade in the Animation Hall building which features both classics and new video games.
Photo Ops at Art of Animation
Disney’s Art of Animation has some great photo ops. There are many colorful sculptures, in fact, the ones in there are some of the best in all of the Disney properties!
Look out for your favorites such as Mr. Ray from Finding Nemo in the pool area. There’s also Rafiki in the Lion King area. And Ariel herself makes an appearance in The Little Mermaid section.
How do I get to Disney World Art of Animation?
Disney offers free Magical Express transportation from Orlando International Airport to Art of Animation guests. Sadly, this will no longer be available from January 1, 2022.
Disney’s Art of Animation is very well connected to the various transportation modes in Disney World, including the Disney Skyliner.
If you have your own car, here are some indicative distances from Art of Animation:
- Orlando International Airport: 21 miles
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 1.6 miles
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park: 2.6 miles
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park: 3 miles
- Disney Springs: 3.9 miles
- Epcot: 4.1 miles
- Magic Kingdom Park: 4.3 miles
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: 4.3 miles
Driving Directions to Disney World Art of Animation
It is roughly 21 miles (25-minute drive) from Orlando International Airport (MCO) to Disney World Art of Animation Resort.
- From Jeff Fuqua Blvd, get on FL-417 Toll S in Meadow Woods for 5.7 miles
- Follow FL-417 Toll S to Osceola Pkwy and take Exit 3 (12.8 miles)
- Continue on West Osceola Pkwy to Animation Drive in Bay Lake (2.9 miles)
The address is Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, 1850 Animation Way, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Going Around Disney World Art of Animation
You can get around Walt Disney World Resort easily and conveniently with the following complimentary transportation options:
1. Disney Skyliner
The Disney Skyliner gondola system connects guests from Art of Animation Resort to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. The Skyliner station is shared with the Pop Century Resort and is located on the Generation Gap Bridge.
2. Disney Bus
The Disney bus transportation connects most areas in Disney World including the theme parks, water parks, Art of Animation and other resort hotels, and the Disney Springs area.
The bus stop at Disney’s Art of Animation is located outside the main building (Animation Hall).
3. Disney Minnie Van
You can also use the Disney Minnie Van service by Lyft to dash around Walt Disney World or travel from Orlando Airport to the Art of Animation Resort.
Are the rooms at Art of Animation wheelchair accessible?
Yes, wheelchair-accessible standard rooms and family suites are available at Disney’s Art of Animation.
What do I need at check-in at Art of Animation?
Disney requires a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit for incidental charges. You may also be asked to provide a government-issued photo ID. The minimum age for check-in is 18 years.
If you have MagicBands, you can use them to unlock your rooms at Art of Animation. Simply touch the Mickey symbol on the MagicBand to the RFID scanner near the door handle to gain entry.
What time do I need to check-in at Art of Animation?
Check-in time is 3 pm to midnight, while the standard check-out time is 11 am. Express check-in and check-out are available. There’s also an option to check in online.
Are pets allowed at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort?
Yes, Art of Animation is one of four Disney Resort hotels that is pet-friendly. However, only dogs are allowed.
Dogs are permitted in specific rooms only and restrictions apply. We’ve written a detailed blog on bringing pets to Disney World (Dogs at Disney World – Everything You Need to Know). It costs approximately $50 per night to bring your dog to a Disney accommodation (service animals are exempt from this fee).
You can also board your pets at the Best Friends Pet Care Kennel that is located near Port Orleans Riverside.
Other Fun Facts About Art of Animation at Disney World
- The Big Blue Pool is just under 12,000 square feet in size and is currently the largest swimming pool in Walt Disney World.
- If you stacked all the doors at Disney’s Art of Animation one on top of the other, they would be taller than the Empire State Building.
- There is more than 225,000 feet of carpeting at the Art of Animation Resort. That’s enough to stretch from Orlando to the Kennedy Space Center.
- You can park 125 cars inside the combined pools at Art of Animation.
- Disney’s Art of Animation is environment friendly. The flooring in Landscape of Flavors food court is made from recycled materials. The food court has reusable dishware and silverware instead of disposables.
The Disney World Art of Animation is a must-experience for all Disney lovers. With beautiful themed rooms and tons of family activities for kids and adults, it’s something that you should definitely see at least once.
Have you stayed at Art of Animation? How was it?