If you have 4 *cranky* kids in tow, the last thing you want is to wait an eternity to board your most favorite Disney rides. And then, before you know it, the ride is over. Yup, not all rides are made equal at Walt Disney World. Some are over in the blink of an eye, and some are long enough to take a nap (enthusiastically raises hands).
So, which is the longest ride at Disney World? If we’re looking exclusively at rides (excluding shows), then there are several that are over 10 minutes long. Each of the four Disney theme parks has at least one long ride.
Keep reading to find out the longest rides at Disney World. I’ve got the complete list of Disney ride times to help you plan your next visit!
Longest Attractions and Rides at Magic Kingdom
The Magic Kingdom theme park has the maximum number of rides in all the Walt Disney World parks. It’s not surprising then that the longest ride in Disney World is in Magic Kingdom.
I’m talking about the Carousel of Progress, which, at 20 minutes and 45 seconds, is the clear winner in longest rides at Walt Disney World. It moves so slow the clocks seem to stand still, I know. But you are moving, so it does count.
It’s a great option if you want to get off your feet for a bit or need a break from the Florida heat. A catnap in the air-conditioned environs of an indoor ride is as much a Disney World experience as taking photos in front of the Cinderella Castle.
Remember though, as tempting as it is to nap during a long Disney World ride, you are missing out on all the fun. On the other hand, if you need some time off your feet or a few minutes of air-conditioned comfort, it helps to know where to go.
Also, keep in mind that the ride duration can affect waiting times (longer rides can lead to slower moving queues). So make sure these long rides fit your itinerary for the day.
In case you’re interested, here’s how the rest of the Magic Kingdom rides line up in terms of duration (based on official Disney information):
- Carousel of Progress: 20 minutes 45 seconds
- Walt Disney Railroad: 20 minutes
- Stitch’s Great Escape: 15 minutes
- Swiss Family Treehouse: 13 minutes 5 seconds
- Liberty Square Riverboat: 12 minutes 45 seconds
- Country Bear Jamboree: 12 minutes
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic: 12 minutes
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor: 11 minutes
- Splash Mountain: 11 minutes
- It’s A Small World: 10 minutes 30 seconds
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover: 10 minutes 4 seconds
- Enchanted Tiki Room: 10 minutes
- Jungle Cruise: 9 minutes 5 seconds
- Pirates of the Caribbean: 8 minutes 30 seconds
- Haunted Mansion: 7 minutes 30 seconds
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid: 6 minutes 15 seconds
- Tomorrowland Indy Speedway: 4 minutes 45 seconds
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin: 4 minutes 3 seconds
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: 3 minutes 25 seconds
- Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: 3 minutes 8 seconds
- Peter Pan’s Flight: 2 minutes 45 seconds
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: 2 minutes 30 seconds
- Space Mountain: 2 minutes 30 seconds
- Prince Charming’s Royal Carousel: 2 minutes
- Astro Orbiter: 1 minute 30 seconds
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant: 1 minute 30 seconds
- Mad Tea Party: 1 minute 30 seconds
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin: 1 minute 30 seconds
- Barnstormer: 1 minute 3 seconds
I’m looking (accusingly) at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Space Mountain here. They have some of the longest queues and both are only two and a half minutes long!
But fans will disagree…
Because is it even a Disney vacation if you don’t go on Space Mountain?
Ride Lengths at EPCOT
EPCOT is a great place to catch a longish break in air conditioning.
Right off the bat, one of the most popular rides at Epcot, Spaceship Earth, is also the longest, lasting a full 15 minutes. This is one ride that is high on the adrenaline quotient and is a unique experience, so time does fly. It totally does not feel like 15 minutes!
And it is three times as long as the second longest ride at Epcot, Mission: SPACE.
Here’s how all the attractions and rides at Epcot fare (based on information from the Disney website):
- American Adventure: 28 minutes 30 seconds
- Circle of Life: 19 minutes 20 seconds
- Impressions de France: 18 minutes
- O Canada!: 18 minutes
- Spaceship Earth: 15 minutes
- Turtle Talk with Crush: 15 minutes
- Living With The Land: 13 minutes 50 seconds
- Reflections of China: 12 minutes 30 seconds
- Journey into Imagination with Figment: 11 minutes
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros: 8 minutes 7 seconds
- Mission: SPACE: 5 minutes 38 seconds
- Frozen Ever After: 5 minutes
- Soarin’: 5 minutes
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends: 4 minutes
- Test Track: 4 minutes
Attraction and Ride Times at Hollywood Studios
The only long ride at Disney’s Hollywood Studios that is over 10 minutes is Rise of the Resistance. It is located in the newest land, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
At 18 minutes long, it is impressive! Keep in mind though that this includes the pre-show. The actual ride itself is only about 4 minutes.
To get on it, you need to join a virtual queue at 7 a.m. from any location or 1 p.m. inside the park. Recent comments tell me this is never easy!
Here’s how the attraction and rides at Disney’s Hollywood Studios fare for duration:
- Beauty and the Beast Stage Show: 30 minutes
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular: 30 minutes
- Disney Junior – Live on Stage: 20 minutes
- Rise of the Resistance: 18 minutes
- Muppet Vision 3-D: 17 minutes
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid: 14 minutes 30 seconds
- Toy Story Mania!: 8 minutes
- Star Tours: 5 minutes
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: 5 minutes
- Slinky Dog Dash: 2 minutes
- Alien Swirling Saucers: 1 minute 30 seconds
- Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster: 1 minute 22 seconds
Ride Times at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
The Animal Kingdom theme park at Disney World has the fewest rides and also some of the shortest — that is if you don’t count the animal experiences. Because you can easily spend hours admiring the animals on the Discovery Island Trails, Maharajah Jungle Trek, and Gorilla Falls Exploration Trails.
My pick if you want to rest your aching feet and enjoy the animals is Kilimanjaro Safaris which is 18 minutes 30 seconds long. If the wait times are not too long, don’t miss the chance to go again. Because Kilimanjaro Safaris is one ride that is different every time.
Here’s how the Animal Kingdom attractions lineup from the longest to the shortest:
- Finding Nemo – The Musical: 30 minutes
- Festival of the Lion King: 30 minutes
- Up! A Great Bird Adventure: 25 minutes
- Kilimanjaro Safari: 18 minutes 30 seconds
- It’s Tough to be a Bug: 8 minutes
- Avatar Flight of Passage: 5 minutes
- Na’vi River Journey: 5 minutes
- Kali River Rapids: 3 minutes 30 seconds
- Dinosaur: 3 minutes 10 seconds
- Expedition Everest: 2 minutes 51 seconds
- TriceraTop Spin: 1 minute 30 seconds
- Primeval Whirl: 1 minute 10 seconds
Which Long Ride Will You Try Next?
So that’s my roundup of the longest rides at Disney World!
I hope these tips will help you plan your day better. You can hop onto a relaxing boat ride if your feet are demanding some rest. And if the lines are long, maybe you can skip the shortest rides (The Barnstormer at Magic Kingdom, I’m pointing a finger at you).
Don’t forget to tell me in the comments which long ride at Disney World is your favorite!